#21 j616

j616

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 08:35 PM

TWO THREE FOUR ....omputerland

1991.10.31 - Germany Dusseldorf Philipshalle Dusseldorf (set breakdown)

http://www.electriccafe.info/forum/uploads/mlfiles/Numbers live 1991 set breakdown.wma

Can anyone translate what ralf say's on this? Thanks ^-^

#22 jamezdd73

jamezdd73

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:29 AM

Of course first show in Wolfsburg:

"We have to tune up the keyboard. The keyboard is homesick
because of so much travelling..."

What the hell sort of excuse is that??? :) The keyboard is connected to his laptop, and laptops won't go out of tune due to the fact they are digital!!! Although, admittedly, after hearing the recording, it sounds way out of tune. I wonder what actually happened to cause it to do that? It's fairly unheard of in digital synthesis.

#23 Takachi ALP

Takachi ALP

Dentaku

• Administrators
  • 845 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

Can anyone translate what ralf say's on this? Thanks ^-^

" We are pleading for a few minutes of patience, the computer has abandoned his spirit at the moment."
"No reason for commotion ... we are still here."
"It will give a short pause. We must re-programm it and then it will go on."

This was translated by Technik 56's comment of my video uploaded on You Tube (my 1st uploaded there!! :) )

(This contents is the same as rasputin's audio)

And just remembered by all comments... ;)
In 1998,06,03...Akasa Blitz gig...I was at there.
This live started from intro "Meine Damen und Herren" for Numbers, but suddenly, that has stopped on the introduction of rhythm and all lighting turned off before the members appeared on the stage!! :)
Of course, we audience laughed and shouted! :P
a few minutes later, even as nothing happened there, this gig was re-started from intro "Meine Damen..." :D

However, It's just good memory for me because we sured they are even HUMAN BEING. :)

#24 Heimcomputer

Heimcomputer

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 04:59 PM

Manchester 2009 - Neon Lights: Ralf starts singing too early, and then gets an odd look from Fritz. ;)

#25 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 05:50 PM

Ha, good find. I was actually at that concert, and I don't remember that happening!

#26 AmimanPL

AmimanPL

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 04:29 PM

On The Mix Tour, in Genua, there's some music from Computer Love on The Model (it's still there when Ralf's counting). And a few bass notes on the beginning are sounding like a guitar to me :D

#27 karlbartosfan

karlbartosfan

Vitamin

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

Ok, i can just had a random brain wave and came up with a little task for us all...

How many problems have kraftwerk enountered live on stage?

I will start...:

Man Machine live at Gent 2006-10-21, some sort of problem with the vocoder track.

#28 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 11:53 AM

I think we already have a topic about various concert errors/breakdowns. I'll see if I can find it and merge... There are some interesting ones so it's worth digging up.

#29 sep

sep

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:19 PM

I think we already have a topic about various concert errors/breakdowns.

It is in "Technopop". Here you are.

http://www.electricc...?showtopic=1243
  • bcass likes this

#30 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:19 PM

Thanks. Threads merged.

#31 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 04:23 PM

Here's another interesting one: http://www.electricc...?showtopic=2354

#32 lowerdown

lowerdown

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:23 AM

Not a mistake but still damned funny.

The Model - Practise session, he wants to bump and grind her again ;)
  • rasputin likes this

#33 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

Ha, yeah, 17.07.1991 - playhouse theatre, edinburgh (scotland) soundcheck.
  • rasputin likes this

#34 technopop

technopop

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Bergen 2006 - I might have misheard it but when Music Non Stop starts we get the first 4 or 6 'Boing Boing Bumm Tschaks' and the snare doesn't kick in straight away.

Luxembourg 2002 - Ralf starts singing the Model too early

Seattle 2005 - Robots, the curtain opens and graphics begin (I think) but no sound for about 20 or 30 seconds

ZKM 1997 - Pocket calculator, sounds as if there is a glitch or 'freeze' somewhere in the opening jingle? Sounds like ralf is playing low keys then there is a masive glitch noise then the jingle starts again.

Glasgow 2004 - during the first couple of minutes in Expo 2000 we see Henning pop over to Fritz who seems to be in trouble? (watch dvd)

Just a few things off the top of my head!
  • rasputin likes this

#35 technopop

technopop

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:48 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned yet but what about Utrecht 1991? In the middle of Numbers a midi cable gets stuck and everything cuts out!

Will post the clip somewhere soon and post the link on here :)

#36 sep

sep

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:35 PM

Not a mistake but still damned funny.

The Model - Practise session, he wants to bump and grind her again ;)

Ha, yeah, 17.07.1991 - playhouse theatre, edinburgh (scotland) soundcheck.

Oh, this is one of his legends. So funny :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcmMpcjH-Es
  • rasputin, Heimcomputer and aarol01 like this

#37 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:49 AM

I have one or two to mention, first we have this freak accident at the man machine (Bucharest, Romania, 12/6/2009)

Wow. That was the worst one they had in years... oh wait, there's also wolfsburg, but this time they didn't stop playing... a nasty problem with sequencing, maybe?

Now we have Buenos Aires, Argentina, 24/3/2009

Some little sync mishaps at the beginning but the ending just looks weird

Buenos Aires, Argentina, 10/12/1998
Radioactivity started with the numbers intro, they stopped playing and a minute later everything went back to normal
  • rasputin likes this

#38 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:21 AM

I'm back to share new "bugs"! I love finding these little critters. Sometimes they screw up entire tracks but sometimes it manage to amuse, making a track or a certain part sound different (sometimes in a good way). That's the point of live performances, come on! ;)

10th January 2004 at Cirkus, Stockholm, Sweden. This one was quite flawed, starring:
-Ralf's mic fail several times during computerworld
-Wrong synthesizer setup for pocket calculator
-Ralf during music non stop, he played a wrong key, then played a bit different from usual and overextended the solo. He sounded a bit pissed off, his goodbye was a dry "auf wiedersehen"

Bestival 2009/09/12 (UK)
-Computerworld starts without the drums playing for several seconds (and it repeats during the track)

Vredenburg, Utrecht 10/12/1981
-Their best live performance in my opinion, kraftwerk performed at their best (and probably on steroids :lol: )
-Das model starts with ralf's synth muted

Apollo Theatre, Firenze 1981-05-19 (Hyper Cerebral Machine)
During the robots the vocoder track volume is extremely low, and the synth's volume is higher than usual (I really liked it)

Sacrum Profanum Festival, Kracow (19 Sep 08)
-Music non stop, after henning's solo and before ralf's a couple samples sound glitched (like cropped). The mic also fail towards the end, after several seconds: "Das ist microphon? Good night, see you tomorrow"
(21 Sep 08)
-Radioactivitat, the ending of the last morse code sample goes out of sync and sounds duplicated

Karlsruhe 18-10-97 (Computersinfonien)
-The man machine, an entire vocoder chore is missing near the end
-Radioactivitat, same as above but in the first sample (song intro). Ralf also misses one line during the last chorus (or his mic failed, who knows). I really liked the sound effects on this one, it's my favorite play of this song

Sopot, Poland 1981
-Numbers, the final chorus "ichi, ni, san, shi" is actually singed by (Ralf? I bet but it doesn't sound like him at all)

Edited by jml123, 14 August 2011 - 06:59 AM.

• rasputin, bcass and Takachi ALP like this

#39 Heimcomputer

Heimcomputer

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:39 PM

The recent Munich concert (12th October)

In Technopop Ralf sings the first "Es wird immer weiter gehen" too soon, and then repeats it when it was supposed to kick in.
  • rasputin likes this

#40 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 08 December 2011 - 03:15 AM

The recent Munich concert (12th October)

In Technopop Ralf sings the first "Es wird immer weiter gehen" too soon, and then repeats it when it was supposed to kick in.

I'd also add that during die roboter his vocoder didn't trigger in time a couple times

2002.09.29 - Luxembourg
- Sequencing problems during trans europa express
- At one point in radioaktivitat one of their channels got suddenly muted

2003.01.23 - Australia, Sydney, Enmore Theatre
- Music non stop had some problems (some samples played too early at the beginning and ralf's solo started a bit late)

1991.11.08 - Spain, Barcelona, Sala Zeleste

- Power outage during autobahn:
Someone speaks: "Ha habido un problema con ??? que ha cortado el suministro sin informar previamente, ahora estamos acomodando(?) el programa de los ordenadores y de los teclados antes de empezar, os rogamos un poquito de paciencia y esperamos que no pase de nuevo, gracias"
In english (rough translation): "There's been an issue with ??? (the name of the power company, I guess) which cut out our supply without informing us before, now we're sorting(?) the keyboards and computer's programs before starting, I beg you to have patience and I hope this won't happen again, thank you"

2004.03.25 - Germany, Berlin, Tempodrom (early show)

- Sequencing mistake towards the end of taschenrechner. They managed to blend it with the song by manipulating some samples, making a really interesting ending (check it out!)

I have a lot to say about the 1990 shows but those were so improvised and unique that I can't take anything done back then as a mistake, it was improvisation, testing and creativity at its best ;)
  • rasputin likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users