108 replies to this topic

#61 bart_os

bart_os

Philanthrope

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

2013 edition!I also encourage the rest of you to "debug" the other shows2013.01.18 Düsseldorf - (Technopop)So far this is one of the most flawless of the Dusseldorf restrospective-Electric Cafe sounded... strange, can't explain it but the synth its just weird. And the beginning of Der Telefon Anruf was too rushed, you could hear it on top of the ending of this song-Sequencing problems at the start of heimcomputer, luckily it didn't affect the rest of the song-Some weird persistence with echo effects on Ralf's voice in Tour de France-An out of place and very distorted sample before the end of die roboterAnd finally this one, is a very silly typo and It took me several views until I actually noticed it7js3FsU.pngit means "si quieres", the spanish for "if you want", but somehow it ended up like "se quieres" (i'm sure they confused it with its phonetic form). Didn't ruin it, I still think it's my favorite song of that night along with Der Telefon

And "why?" is "por qué?", "because" is "porque" .

#62 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:52 AM

And "why?" is "por qué?", "because" is "porque" .

Oh you're right, I forgot to point that out (for those who didn't understand, in the song she asks "por qué?", the video background displays "porque")

It can go unnoticed very easily because it's (almost) the same wording used for different situations on the same context. I really doubt that people who don't speak spanish will notice tho

And it gets even worse: "Although porque, por qué, por que, and porqué have related meanings, they are not interchangeable. If you find them confusing as a Spanish student, you're in good company: Native speakers often write them incorrectly as well." (and trust me, it's true :P )

By the way, did I mention that I really like the female voice? I find her very seductive and powerful, fitting for the song. I wonder where did they get her

• Heimcomputer likes this

#63 bart_os

bart_os

Philanthrope

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

Oh you're right, I forgot to point that out (for those who didn't understand, in the song she asks "por qué?", the video background displays "porque")
It can go unnoticed very easily because it's (almost) the same wording used for different situations on the same context. I really doubt that people who don't speak spanish will notice tho

And it gets even worse: "Although porque, por qué, por que, and porqué have related meanings, they are not interchangeable. If you find them confusing as a Spanish student, you're in good company: Native speakers often write them incorrectly as well." (and trust me, it's true :P )

By the way, did I mention that I really like the female voice? I find her very seductive and powerful, fitting for the song. I wonder where did they get her

Well, I'm from Spain, so...

My english is horrible but my spanish (I hope) is perfect. :-)

In this case, If we are speaking about "questions" there are 2 posibilities only: "por qué?" to ask and "porque" to answer.

#64 aarol01

aarol01

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Rebecca Allen? :P :P :P

• Heimcomputer likes this

#65 Efun

Efun

Schaufensterpuppen

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 10:37 AM

Latitude festival - I can't find anything about this on the site, (having only looked for about 5 minutes mind) but there is official coverage on Youtube so these issues will be easy to find.

It was an amazing show, and sadly the recording taken doesn't capture the depth and immersion of the sound. Oh well.

But Man Machine is FULL of vocoder-related mistakes. Loads of lag, and Ralf sings another line of 'The Man Machine, Machine Machine...'etc over the top of the bridge by accident. :P

#66 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Latitude festival - I can't find anything about this on the site, (having only looked for about 5 minutes mind) but there is official coverage on Youtube so these issues will be easy to find.

It was an amazing show, and sadly the recording taken doesn't capture the depth and immersion of the sound. Oh well.

But Man Machine is FULL of vocoder-related mistakes. Loads of lag, and Ralf sings another line of 'The Man Machine, Machine Machine...'etc over the top of the bridge by accident. :P

Yeah, I didn't bother to point that out because I imagined that everyone already saw the bbc video:

http://youtu.be/SEcroOaQluw?t=27m42s

I keep wondering why Ralf goes all-in when he makes a mistake like this, he could've stopped on the first verse :wacko:
Also, the robots had the vocoder messed up, I was really disappointed, it's one of my favorite songs and we missed a great opportunity to hear to vocoder lyrics crystal clear

I liked it btw, don't hate me if I look nitpicking!

Edited by jml123, 19 September 2013 - 02:37 AM.

• Efun likes this

#67 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:55 AM

Here we go (again). This went unnoticed, somehow, and I can't put this in a good way, the translations are just plain wrong.

Electric cafe spanish lyrics are the following:

Música electrónica
Figura rítmica
Arte política
La era atómica

...now look at this (screenshots from dusseldorf retrospective)

xRdqqMj.png

:rolleyes:

Edited by jml123, 29 September 2013 - 04:56 AM.

#68 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Something strange I noticed about the video for that track at the TATE shows is that they translated some of the lyrics to English, even though non of the lyrics are ever sung in English.

#69 bart_os

bart_os

Philanthrope

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:17 PM

Here we go (again). This went unnoticed, somehow, and I can't put this in a good way, the translations are just plain wrong.

Electric cafe spanish lyrics are the following:

...now look at this (screenshots from dusseldorf retrospective)
 xRdqqMj.png

:rolleyes:

It's not a mistake. It's a kind of... "joke". The meaning and pronunciation are exactly the same.

#70 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:17 AM

Something exploded backstage or some gremlins chew the midi cables, and this happens

Leave aside the 30 or so seconds when everything breaks down and you have a very cool instrumental (?) version of radioactivity B)

Edit: It's also worth noting that Falk tries to resync the visuals manually

Edited by jml123, 21 October 2013 - 04:20 AM.

• rasputin, Heimcomputer, Petty Blue and 1 other like this

#71 surfling

surfling

Philanthrop

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

not gremlins, aliens did this.... remember, they played a space ship....

but man, i can't believe how calm they stayed on stage, not even putting their heads together or something.

it must feel sooo embarrassing.

• rasputin and Heimcomputer like this

#72 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

Good recovery though!

• rasputin and Heimcomputer like this

#73 Heimcomputer

Heimcomputer

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:33 PM

At the same show (10:15pm, 18/10/13) Ralf forgets to sing the second "Interpol and Deutsche Bank" verse.

#74 Petty Blue

Petty Blue

Schaufensterpuppen

• PipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

Well if they want to play live, they have to be able to face and get over these situations. ...Though knowing them it's easy to tell they do take these things harder than it looks. I can imagine how it feels. Boy, I should feel guilty for liking these accidents like they were improvisations. I mean, look at them, they're great!

#75 Heimcomputer

Heimcomputer

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Another angle of the glitch-out in Radioactivity.

• rasputin and Petty Blue like this

#76 Den

Den

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

What does Ralf say after the glitch out?  :D He says something else at the end of the first video that was posted few days back.  :lol:

#77 Heimcomputer

Heimcomputer

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

Just after it starts he says "Philips hat keine strom".

After Ohm Sweet Ohm Ralf talked to the audience and asked if (everything) was "Ok" and then said "It's very difficult having computers in a Space Lab, there's no ground", or words to that effect.

#78 Efun

Efun

Schaufensterpuppen

• PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 02:38 PM

Yeah, I didn't bother to point that out because I imagined that everyone already saw the bbc video:

http://youtu.be/SEcroOaQluw?t=27m42s

I keep wondering why Ralf goes all-in when he makes a mistake like this, he could've stopped on the first verse :wacko:
Also, the robots had the vocoder messed up, I was really disappointed, it's one of my favorite songs and we missed a great opportunity to hear to vocoder lyrics crystal clear

I liked it btw, don't hate me if I look nitpicking!

Yeah - Robots vocoder is messed up a lot - at T in the Park, he didn't even sing it live, instead letting the computer-voice sing as it did in 2001-2009.

I've noticed in a couple of shows - for example, this has happened at one of the 2014 Robots videos on Youtube - he has switched to computer-voice for after the bridge following vocoder issues in the first three verses.

I'm not really sure what causes the lag and bad timing of the Man Machine vocals, but it's harder to sing along with into a vocoder than it sounds - I've tried. He seems to have that sorted though, at least for some of the 2014 shows.

It's not a mistake. It's a kind of... "joke". The meaning and pronunciation are exactly the same.

With this, the 'Politika' for 'Politica' etc - I think I know where you're coming from bart_os. It's seen on The Robots too, 'dancing Mekanik' and 'funcitoning Automatik' the german words but remaining in the English version, as well as Aero Dynamik - though, that has french lyrics which I'm  not so sure about.

#79 The Man Machine

The Man Machine

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 12:23 AM

What are your thoughts on this version of The Robots at the Walt Disney Concert Hall, from the Radio-Activity show? I think it's quite good, but are there any technical problems you've noticed? Is there anything unusual about this performance? That is the one I've heard, personally.

#80 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 06:23 AM

Nothing obvious springs to mind. Is it a problem with video or audio?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users