• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rasputin

rasputin

Coordinator

• Root Admin
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

We are looking for someone with VB6, VB.NET, Java, C# or C++ skills.

we are setting up a database and need guidance with setting up the tables right. Coding the queries,using php and dreamweaver is a real challenge for me.
I am proud to show you my first lines of code

SELECT `tbl_ECM_Main`.`Date`,`City`,`Venue`, `tbl_ECM_Country`.`CountryEN`, `tbl_ECM_LineUp`.`LineUpA1`
FROM tbl_ECM_Main, tbl_ECM_Country, tbl_ECM_LineUp
WHERE (((`tbl_ECM_Main`.`ISOCode`) = (`tbl_ECM_Country`.`ISOCode`)) AND ((`tbl_ECM_Main`.`#`) = (`tbl_ECM_LineUp`.`#`)))
LIMIT 0 , 300

Did I mention that the above took me a few days :)

I am sure that anyone who can read the above code understands from this matter more then I will ever do. So come and help us and enjoy the privileges which come with the job

#2 jml123

jml123

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

I am proud to show you my first lines of code

SELECT `tbl_ECM_Main`.`Date`,`City`,`Venue`, `tbl_ECM_Country`.`CountryEN`, `tbl_ECM_LineUp`.`LineUpA1`
FROM tbl_ECM_Main, tbl_ECM_Country, tbl_ECM_LineUp
WHERE (((`tbl_ECM_Main`.`ISOCode`) = (`tbl_ECM_Country`.`ISOCode`)) AND ((`tbl_ECM_Main`.`#`) = (`tbl_ECM_LineUp`.`#`)))
LIMIT 0 , 300

Did I mention that the above took me a few days :)

I remember doing a bash script that syncs folders (including recursive and confirmation arguments) last year, from scratch and without any knowledge of bash and just a bit of linux. Those were the 3 most intense days my brain had undergone that year.

I can tell that rather than someone with experience in those languages you need someone with SQL knowledge first... Java provides an api called JDBC which provides basic interfaces and methods for calling the db drivers and stuff. I'd love to contribute but I'm still learning the fundamentals of programming at university and I don't have any decent or reliable experience with application development yet, neither web development; I leaned Java 1.6 SE and C but just the basics (Java is WAY more forgiving than C/C++, believe me). If you need help in other mundane tasks like the download migration let me know.

Edited by jml123, 05 January 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#3 bcass

bcass

Lepton

• Administrators
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:12 AM

Ras - the high level language skills (Java, C#, etc.) are only needed for the task of parsing the files into some sort of data file. Once the data is compiled, you then need someone with HTML/CSS/JavaScript/PHP/MySQL skills to create the database and make the webforms.

Knowledge of just one high level language (such as VB6, VB.NET, Java, C# or C++) should be enough to complete the parsing job.

#4 rasputin

rasputin

Coordinator

• Root Admin
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I found an excellent tutorial ( as far as I can judge) on MySQL.
It assisted me to get a bit further and has a lot of other useful info.

http://www.sqlcourse.com/index.html

#5 rasputin

rasputin

Coordinator

• Root Admin
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 24 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

Most of the above problems have now been resolved.
Now we are looking for members who want to assist us with updating a spreadsheet with information from the internet.
This is a very easy job, everyone can do it, but a very time consuming one. Therefore I ask your assistance.
You will be promoted to super member and you will be mentioned in the credits
but most of all, you become part of the best discography of Kraftwerk music ever published.
Do not mis this change to get famous and respected, help us !!
PM me or Bcass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users