5 replies to this topic

#1 surfling

surfling

Philanthrop

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 July 2018 - 10:18 AM

I was starting to get really worried that finally Electric Cafe was gone for good, with all the fantastic info on the band etc....

What happened? And is there anything we can do to help avoiding these problems? Donations maybe?

Anyway I am VERY happy Electric Cafe is back :wub:

• rasputin, Keep Werking, staggboy and 3 others like this

#2 rasputin

rasputin

Coordinator

• Root Admin
  • 3,467 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:39 PM

First problem is me still being fucked.

I filed criminal charges against local police officers. STUPID thing to do. But this just explains my absence.

Second problem is we have a cheap ISP. The forum will go so now and then down and will then be up a few days later. The advantage is that I can still maintain the forum with little money to spend. By a more expensive hosting service I maybe had to give up because I have no income and are bleeding lawyer expenses since the last five years. One day this all will be over (I hope).

When I was informed the forum was down, i tried contacting hostecon.com. As you can see at present they are still offline. Wrote an email to an old cyber friend of me and told him I need a backup of the forum. It seems that he arranged that. What I do not know if this is just for me to take a backup or a "permanent" return. I thought for a moment that my ISP was gone with the prepaid moneys. I was wrong "hopefully".

What can be done avoiding these problems?

the major problems remains the hosting service. I m happy with them but it is by far no premium service.

related to that is my anonymity, the evil person who is doing all these awful things against Kraftwerk GmbH

To protect me against the Dark Matter's of the Kraftwerk legal clan I can not get things organized in such a way that I have full control. I depend on those persons shielding me off.

In the event we need to change our hosting service, any suggestions would be welcome about a possible alternative . However it needs to be outside the jurisdiction of the US or EU (offshore hosting). I can not pay hundred of dollars, but more important low expenses are a guarantee for a long continuation. If the forum depends on BIG money and lots of donations. It will void at the same moment this cash flow stops.

Electric Cafe is one of the last things I have left over of my life from before June 2013. All the rest I lost, was taken from me, or destroyed. I will do all in my power to ensure it's continuation.

A slumbering problem sooner or later to surface is the technical maintenance of the forum. John is doing an excellent job. But he can not fill in all the things I used to do. He has a life of his own. John you are my all time hero.

So if anyone has time and a little IT know how. Please assist us maintaining the forum. Forum software needs to be updated. Regular back ups should be made. Indexes updated and cleaned. SQL maintenance, installing HTTPS, updating Facebook and Google API's etc etc.

Let's hope our ISP rebuild it's site and that we can continue to enjoy his service. If not we meet on FBook or so and find a new hosting service.

I love you all, thank you for your ongoing support and being good friends.

• bcass, Keep Werking, staggboy and 1 other like this

#3 Third Kind

Third Kind

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 03 August 2018 - 05:18 PM

I've been on holiday in Berlin, so I didn't even know the forum had come back until today. I had been faithfully checking the URL ever since Electric Cafe went down just in case it did come back (and even then, I was still worrying that it had disappeared for good).

I'd like to help rebuild the forum, but I have no IT expertise, so all I can do is be a cheerleader. :(

• Keep Werking likes this

#4 surfling

surfling

Philanthrop

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 05 August 2018 - 03:26 PM

ah, man... sorry to hear about all this stuff happening to you... sounds like one terrible long nightmare.

and it also sounds like there is not too much i can do to help for now... i wish i knew about IT things a little more but alas i don't. let's hope some more abled forum members maybe can jump in.

but i definitely stand by my offer to help with some donation if it helps, and i'm sure others will offer the same.

i hope things will slowly start to get better for you rasputin.

i wish you all the strength and patience you'll need to keep things going!

oh and please... no FB! there must be better ways...

• neu-gier and Third Kind like this

#5 lowerdown

lowerdown

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 15 August 2018 - 10:15 AM

I would have thought a Kraftwerk forum would be the last place to be shut down, we're not recruiting for groups in Syria or Iraq.

#6 lamusica

lamusica

Roboter

• Super Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 09:36 PM

I seem to remember Iceland has some hosting companies that are outside DMCA, and archive.org has an upload section for photos, MP3 and other files. Anyone with favourite content, you can use the download button at the end of the thread to save it easily (where all the icons are for twitter, reddit etc). 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users