#1 neu-gier

neu-gier

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

Hi there!

Does someone have problems during watching the Blu-ray discs like me? Freezing sound and vision at the beginning of Spacelab (English version at 1:29:40) and sometimes during The Man-Machine. Last year i had the same problem with the German Blu-ray during Uranium. It just freezed on my TV, same thing at the TV of a friend of mine - got then an exchange through the seller. Now i have problems with the English disc during Spacelab... Even with a new Bluray-Player! I'm fucking desperate - am i alone?

#2 Third Kind

Third Kind

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 06:11 PM

I don't own the Blu-rays myself, but could it be a manufacturing error with the discs?

#3 TMM

TMM

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 10:35 PM

Hi,

This is multi-faceted:

Firstly and foremostly and I KNOW IT SOUND OBVIOUS - but check the disc for jammy finger marks, blemishes etc. I'm entirely sure you're handling your disc(s) like the crown jewells, wear white gloves and an NBC suit each time you take it out of the box ;-)

Check your blu-ray player's firmware for updates - this can iron out some problems - are you watching/listening in 3D or 2D?

If you use an amplifier also with ethernet, check for updates.

If your TV has ethernet, again, check for updates.

On the inner ring of the disc there should be an IFPI (ifpi) number - this is the laser beam recorder number used on that particular replication run from the manufacturer. On this occasion, I don't think there will be one, however there will be a bar-code for each layer on the disc - L0 - Layer zero - L1 - Layer 1 - you might need a bright light and some glasses to read it but take down all the numbers/letters for each layer.

The disc maufacturer for Kraftwerk 3D was/is Optimal Media GmbH - give them a call and ask them to run a calibration test either with your disc, or a test disc (which they should have in their archive/library when they printed the disc run you have) to test with a similar set-up/combination of BD player/TV etc. Give your firmware settings to them, player serial numbers etc. This will measure the reflectivity of the disc and how quick the laser can focus back, pitch and jitter (does your disc spin like a washing machine on the p*ss), SLT (space, layer, thickness, of the substrate polymer when pressed from the glass master) and any defects in the peaks and troughs when pressed. This will determine if it's a disc issue or not.

If your running through an AV amp, it could be what is called 'sync-words' where multiple audio streams, video streams etc. conflict at various points when there is a spike in the data - a lot of and audio/video information at once. Check for updates on your amp.

It could simply be that at this point in question, the layer-break where the laser re-focusses to change from L0 to L1 - your player may not be doing this seamlessly or quick enough causing it to freeze.

If they ask for money, tell them to s*d-off! Sounds like you've spent enough!

Regards,

TMM.

• Keep Werking, staggboy and neu-gier like this

#4 neu-gier

neu-gier

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 November 2018 - 08:06 PM

Hello TMM!

Thank you for your answer, i didn't expect such a detailed one!

It doesn't matter if i watch in 2D or 3D, also if i use my AV amp or just the tv - the problem is everytime at the same place. But only the Concert disc is effected, not the Film disc. Firmwares are up to date, so afterall i think i should get in contact to the seller (bought this box in July 2017), maybe i can get a replacement. If not, i'll contact the manufacturer and asking them. To be continued...

Thanks again for your suggestion!

• TMM likes this

#5 TMM

TMM

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 08:59 PM

Willkommen. Hope you get it sorted.

#6 neu-gier

neu-gier

Schaufensterpuppen

• Super Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 09:51 AM

Got a replacement through the seller - hopefully the last one...

• Keep Werking likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users